giovedì 21 ottobre 2010

Don't curse the darkness: light a candle


In many chinese proverbs, you can find light as...

...a way to overcome problems:
- Better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness (Confucius)
You can only enter half way into the dark forest before you begin to come out the other side

...a time measurement of everyday life:
When the sun rises, I go to work.
When the sun goes down, I take my rest. 
I dig the well from which I drink. 
I farm the soil which yields my food. 
I share creation. 
Kings can do no more.

...a representation of goodness and beauty:
If there is light in the soul,
there will be beauty in the person.
If there is beauty in the person,
there will be harmony in the house.
If there is harmony in the house,
there will be order in the nation.
If there is order in the nation,
there will be peace in the world.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento